Tuesday, 3 December 2013

The Daily Grind @ Bangsar Village 1


It's December!!!

Time for some more yummy updates!

More Food means more Happiness!


Recently, I got the chance to try out The Daily Grind.

I got the chance to catch up with one of my dear friend--- Wuei Ging.


Look at her happy face...
Boys do take note...Desserts have positive effect on girls XD


Another closer look at this plate of sinful happiness =D

I had some people asking where I had this on Facebook and Instagram
Now, you guys know=D

Initially, I wanted to get their signature Dolly Pancake, 
but we were in the mood for some ice-cream, so we ended up with this 
plate of happiness...
hehehe.

This is one of their must try
---Chocolate Cheese Temptation---


While the chocolate cake itself is very chocolaty,
when you eat it together with the cheesecake,
it is less chocolaty but it taste more rich and creamy.

Chocolate + Cheese = Instant Happiness

***

So, I could not stop thinking of the awesome dessert I had the other day at 
The Daily Grind

When my other group of friends asked for a get together,
I suggested The Daily Grind...Again =p

This happened because I did not get a chance to try their Dolly Pancakes,
so, I made my friends go there for our little dinner get together.
*Evil Laughsss*

Few Snaps before our meal
With my 2 most favorite gangster
---Janice and Jess---
 

Jom ber-selfie


Do you remember back when I was posting frequent updates on 
Facebook about my travels to Kuching and Kota Kinabalu 
for work with Levi's???

These are the "lucky" two ladies to share rooms with me=D
hahaha!

I had Janice when I was at Kuching and 
Jess when I was in Kota Kinabalu.
*Those 2 had no idea what was install for them at the time=P*

I got to learn many different things from the both of them.
So, in the end it was a work + education + fun trip.
 
 For the record, I really had fun with the both of them,
not too sure whether the feeling is mutual though.
hahahaha!
I am, after all, a little quirky=P


I also had the chance to dine with the cute Kemmy and my sister.


Something obviously went wrong here...
Looks like my sister is the most gangster of them all.
Voicing out her displeasure...
haha!


Time for the food!


  Garlic Chicken Salad
---RM 20---
Garlic butter tossed Chicken Strips W/ toasted almonds, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, Cannellini beans, Croutons & rosted garlic dressed mixed greens

This salad dish is rather tasty.
Plate full of leafy vegetables and delicious bite sized chicken.
Only one thing I didn't quite like was the green olives, super salty.
 

  
Seafood Spaghetti
---RM 29---
Fresh Seafood spaghetti cooked in white wine & Garlic broth

One of the better seafood pasta I eaten.
A well seasoned plate of pasta.
Very nice.


 
G'day Burger
---RM 35---
Classic Aussie Burger of juicy beef patty, roasted beetroot, melted cheddar, 
sliced pineapple & a fried egg.
 
This burger will definitely give u a good day=D
This juicy patty is absolutely mouth-watering,
plus it is stacked with roasted beetroot that just complete the taste with extra sweetness. 

***You can have a choice to change the beef patty for chicken for those who don't eat beef


 
O'Mega! Salmon 
---RM 32---
Healthy pan seared salmon steak with a light & yummy sun-dried tomato sauce 
& a good dose of sauteed veges

This dish is my favorite!
Juicy and tendered piece of salmon,
the flavors are all mixed so well.
It just leaves you wanting more.



Salty Caramel Chocolate Cake
---RM 16---

It is my first time trying a dessert combining both salty and sweet flavors.

My verdict: 
Awesome! The saltiness brings out the chocolate taste even more.
Salt is after all a food enhancer.

If you love a good rich chocolate cake, I would recommend this.


 
DOLLY Pancake Stack 
---RM 15---
Chocolate chip pancake with grilled bananas, peanut butter, almond praline & chocolate sauce
 
This is what I came here for!
 A little creepy goodness.
 
I think it a little mean of us to be devouring barbie's dress
But, maybe she's like a damsel in distress, stuck in some muddy thing
and we rescue her by eating her to freedom=P
 
My Verdict:
The pancakes are very warm and fluffy
and the taste is wonderful with all the cream and chocolate.
However, the whip cream was not cold, 
possibly because of the warm pancakes,
but the dessert would have score a 10/10 if the whip cream was chilled.
 
A mouthful of Hot and Cold goodness is bound to 
leave anyone momentarily speechless in delight=D
 
 
For those of you who are curious,
what lies underneath those pancakes.

It is actually a stick Barbie
covered in a chocolate dress.
(seriously, as if Barbie isn't thin enough, they had to made a stick version)

**You can actually take home the stick Barbie if you like ya=D (Yay!)


My sister feeling sympathetic for Poor Barbie
 
 
I, on the other hand, did not share her remorse.
I was grinning ear to ear after decapitating Barbie=P
 
 
And then, I couldn't contain myself no more,
I gave my witchy laugh!
 
My true nature...Exposed!
 
 
 
With everyone=D

 
After my evil outburst,
I returned to my sweet self =P
 

Kemmy...Jess...Janice...Me...Ker Chi



For more information:
 
Visit their website The Daily Grind
 
or have a try of their food at

The Daily Grind, Bangsar Village 1
 Address:
LG 8 Lower Gorund, Bangsar Village,
1Jalan Telawi 1, Bangsar Baru, 59100,
Kuala Lumpur.

Call for reservation :
03-22876708

Business Hours:
11:00am - 11:00pm (Daily)
 
 
 
As if devouring her wasn't enough,
we, or rather, i left her naked...

Even the waiter was shock of the condition we left the Barbie in=P

Just look at my evil face when I am doing the crime.
hahahaha!

That's all for now.

Enjoy!


 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...